Wild Blackberries– A bush covered with thorns, which is Rubus(rose family) to Blackberry’s fruit is a black-purple berry that looks like a raspberry. Although blackberry is growing everywhere, America is considered its homeland, where it is actively cultivated and especially Mexican gardeners have succeeded in it. Almost no berries are grown in Europe.
With the onset of summer, many are beginning to be curious about the benefits of an unusual berry – the Blackberry. After all, not only do you want to taste berry confectionery, but you can also get the maximum amount of vitamins and minerals from it.
First, it is worth noting that Wild Blackberry is the closest relative of everyone’s loved one. Only in horticulture, this berry is extremely rare, which means it is found mainly in wild growth, which complicates its collection a bit. The peculiarity of Blackberry is that at the same time, the flowers that are not yet ripe berries and already overripe fruits may be in the same shrub.
Nutrition and Blackberry composition
Blackberry has much useful property. One of them is low-calorie content. 100 grams of fresh berries contain only 36 kcal.
Nutritional value of Blackberry
1. 5.3 grams of carbohydrates.
2. 2 grams of protein.
3. 0.5 grams of fat.
It contains potassium, magnesium, and calcium, as well as vitamins A, C, E, and most of our B vitamins.
Wild Blackberry Vitamin Composition
i. 15 mg of vitamin C
ii. 1.2 mg of vitamin E
iii. 0.4 mg vitamin pp
iv. 0.1 mg beta carotene
v. 0.05 mg of vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
vi. 0.01 mg of vitamin B1 (thiamine)
vii. Vitamin A 17 mcg
Useful Properties of Wild Blackberries
1. Wild Blackberry is a great fruit for strengthening the immune system due to its high content of vitamin C. It also has anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties.
2. Berry and blackberry leaf decoctions are used to treat diseases of the stomach and intestines, including gastritis.
3. The leaves infusion is used to reduce blood pressure and treat atherosclerosis.
4. Studies have shown that blackberries inhibit the development of cancerous tumors.
What Harm Can Blackberry Do?
1. With all its benefits, Wild Blackberries is a powerful allergen, so people with allergic reactions to the products should not use it.
2. Berries will not bring any benefit to people suffering from kidney disease and high acidity.
How To Collect, Use, and Save Blackberry?
1. Blackberry starts ripening in August. In this case, as a rule, the shrub is scrubbed in batches, about 10 times per season.
2. Ripe, but not overripe, the berry should be firm to the touch and have a black color with a reddish tinge.
3. Blackberries are only harvested in dry sunny weather. It is best to do this in the morning when the baby is drying on the fruit.
4. The berry should be trimmed with a peduncle, otherwise, it will suspect and give the juice quickly.
5. Blackberries can be refrigerated for more than 4 days. At 0 C, the berries stay fresh for up to three weeks.
6. Blackberries can be dried and frozen. Before drying, it is not recommended to wash the berries.
7. Blackberry is a good combination of baked goods, any dairy product, and berries.
Wild Blackberry For Diet
Blackberry refers to negative calorie foods. This means that the body has to expend more calories than its composition to digest berries. Because of this remarkable property, blackberries are used as an ingredient in diet foods. For example, it can be eaten during the berry diet.
The following menus are provided to lose weight
i. Breakfast: 250 grams of berries, mineral water, or green tea.
ii. Second breakfast: one glass of fruit juice.
iii. Lunch: Fish or chicken with vegetable soup, rice, baked goods, or side dish of light salad.
iv. High tea: 250 grams of berries.
v. Dinner: Vegetables.
The total energy value of the products should not exceed 1000 kcal. You can continue the diet for 2 weeks to a month.
Of course, it is impossible to cure any disease with regular use of berries. However, they are quite useful in the fight against certain diseases.
1. Blackberries should be eaten daily for atherosclerosis. In summer it will be fresh fruit and in winter it will be frozen. It should be noted that frozen berries do not lose their beneficial properties, so you can safely include them in your daily diet.
2. Blood quality improves with regular fruit consumption.
3. If you are deficient in vitamins, you should eat blackberries.
4. From the leaves, you can make very effective decoctions that improve digestion.
5. The leaves are also used to treat diseases of the oral cavity.
For Pregnant Women
Blackberry is very useful for pregnant women. It restores metabolism, normalizes the digestive system, and replenishes the body with energy. Pregnant women should pay special attention to blackberries. After all, the body needs a very large number of vitamins during this period. Of course, you can take various dietary supplements from the pharmacy to meet their deficit, but many do not consider this option as the best solution for pregnant mothers. The fact is that these vitamins are of synthetic origin and can have adverse effects on the baby.
The benefits of the Wild Blackberries for the body are undeniable, as scientists have repeatedly proven. However, don’t take Berry as a way to solve all your problems.
If you are deficient in vitamin C, blackberries must be included in the diet. It should be noted separately that it is a vitamin C that helps in iron absorption. This means that if you do not get the right amount of ascorbic acid, you may also have an iron deficiency that can lead to anemia later on.
Nutritionists recommend adding blackberries to the daily menu for overweight people. It basically normalizes berry metabolism. The second reason is the low-calorie content. One can replace fruits with a snack, gain enough but still consume very few calories.
If you wake up easily and are prone to stress, you should also eat Blackberry, as it is perfectly calm. Just enough to eat ripe fruit daily.
Also Read: Blackberry Leaves: Benefits, Uses, Medicinal, And Useful Properties.