Food calorie and its effect on our health
The calories in food, that is, how many calories you will consume each day, and how many calories you will burn through exercise, are very deeply involved. How many calories should I eat daily? So, in this post, we have given you the calories of food, food calorie intake, and its effect on our body.
What are the calories in food?
Calories are the unit of energy, which measures how much energy our body gets from food. The body generates heat after digesting sugars, fats, and non-vegetarian foods. Or, when the nutrients in the food come in contact with the blood in the cells of our body, energy is generated. The caloric value of food is determined by measuring the heat energy generated from the food.
We know that our bodies need food for energy. Food calories to provide our body with energy, nutrients, vitamins, minerals, sugars, carbs, fats, etc. So the calories in food work like fuel energy in our body and we get the energy to work all day.
The calories in our diet come from various food elements, such as – sugars, carbs, fats, fiber, etc. For example, one gram of sugar has 4 calories, one gram of meat has 4 calories, and one gram of fat has 9 calories. So knowing how many calories are in a portion of food, you don’t eat more calories at once, nor do you need more calories in one day.
How many calories should I eat lose weight? Well, we have also covered this in this article.
Calories or kilocalories?
We usually mean kilocalories as food calories. The caloric value of food is usually expressed in kilocalories. For example, if someone says that he ate 1500 calories today, it means that he ate 1500 kcal. Again, if a food label says, 95 calories, then its caloric value is 95 × 1000 = 95000 calories = 95 kcal. Similarly, calorie-burning in exercise also means kilocalories
It is good to know that 1000 calories = one kilocalorie And 3500 calories = one pound / one kg body weight or fat.
The effect of calories on our body:
1. Consuming more calories than the body needs will lead to weight gain, taking fewer calories will reduce weight, and consuming the same amount of calories will keep the weight right.
2. When you exercise or do physical work, the body generates heat and consumes energy, which burns calories.
3. In addition to eating fewer calories, an easy way to burn calories is to exercise regularly. Also walking means keeping the body active, etc. It also burns some calories while doing housework or doing your own work.
4. Sometimes we eat a lot of calorie foods, which is the cause of weight gain. Being overweight can lead to many health risks, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, arthritis, cancer, depression, and a variety of other diseases in women.
5. So these extra calories accumulate in the body, become fat so that weight does not increase, so we should burn some calories, that is exercise.
6. In addition, regular high-calorie foods, such as sugary foods, extra oils, ghee, and fatty foods, etc., can lead to weight gain, or exercise, but not the right amount of exercise or weight loss.
7. Studies have shown that regular low- calorie diets increase longevity, make you look younger, increase your body’s resistance to disease, maintain your physical fitness, and keep your mind energized.
8. How many calories should I eat daily? Well, it is not good to eat less than 1200 calories a day, it reduces the body’s ability to work, metabolism is reduced, the body does not get proper nutrition, etc. Its recommended that women’s daily calorie intake should be 2000 and 2500 for men.
9. Eating far fewer calories than the body needs will lead to weight loss, weakening of the body, poor functioning of the limbs, and reduced immunity.
10. We don’t burn all the calories we get through exercise, we need some calories for our body to work, for example: for the heartbeat, for breathing.
11. We also need some calories for other daily activities like walking, housework, brain work, etc. We need a lot of calories to work with our organs.
How to take calories?
As such, the heat or calories present in the food keeps the body active. Gives energy to the body to work, so it is very important to know and understand how to consume calories.
1. How much calories a person consumes daily depends on his height, age, sex, how active he is, and how much muscle mass he has, BMR, whether he wants to gain weight, lose weight, or not, and how many calories he burns through exercise.
2. So every day, you have to eat calorie measured food every day.
3. How many calories should I eat lose weight? Well, to maintain or lose weight, you need to eat low-calorie foods regularly, And sometimes eating a small amount of high-calorie food does not hurt. But a little more exercise can be done on that day. Then, the total caloric needs of the day will be balanced.
4. And if you eat more calorie food, it is better to eat it in the first part of the day, because then it will be burned through the whole day’s work.
5. One of the ways to know the calories of food is: read the label of the food packet and read the nutrition information.
6. It is better to eat 200 to 500 calories at a time without eating more calories at a time so that there is no fear of accumulating more calories as fat in the body at once.
7. Eating high-fiber foods, such as vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, etc., also helps indigestion. And they have other benefits. They are low in calories.
8. If you eat more calories at one time, you should try to eat fewer calories at another time.
9. High-calorie foods are red meat: beef, butter, oil, fat, fast food, fried foods, salad dressings, cakes, most biscuits, cheese, mayonnaise, nuts, chocolate, ice cream, cream, sugary foods, Biryani, Tehri, Fried Rice, Soft Drinks, etc.
10. If you are overweight, you will lose weight if you have low levels of oils, fats, rice, bread, sugary foods, fried foods, and sweet foods in your diet.
11. Some calorie-rich foods, such as nuts, chocolate, peanut butter, honey, and cheese, have the benefits of eating small amounts of them.
12. Low-calorie foods can include pulses, salads, fruits, vegetables, red flour or red rice, white fish or low-fat fish,
chicken, wheat pasta or noodles, low-fat milk, low-fat sour yogurt, low-fat cheese, Any food without sugar, etc.
13. There are no calories in water, so drink as much water as you want.
Physical exertion and calorie consumption:
i. Many people spend a lot of time watching TV, listening to music, working on the computer, or playing games. But it does not burn any calories, which is not good for the body at all. So after doing these for an hour or two, you can do a little walking. Other physical work, housework, light stretching exercises, etc.
ii. Running, mowing the ground, driving a rickshaw, climbing stairs, lifting heavy objects, playing sports outside, etc., consume more energy.
iii. Light work such as housework, cooking, studying, sitting, talking, or standing consumes less energy/calories.
iv. The heavier the body, the more energy it consumes. In this case, the more weight it has, the more calories it consumes.
v. The more high-intensity exercises, such as running, jogging, step aerobics, spinning, kickboxing, playing on the field, etc., the more calories will be burned.