Advantages and disadvantages of Arjunarishta
Arjunarishta is herbal Ayurvedic medicine. It has been prepared by fermenting Arjuna’s bark, vine, and a decoction of the sweet flower. It is very beneficial for the heart. Moreover, it is a painful, and potent drug. So in this article, we will discuss arjunarishta side effects and arjunarishta benefits later on.
It is herbal Ayurvedic medicine. It has been prepared by fermenting the bark of arjuna, rudraksha, and decoction of the sweet flower.
The main ingredient of Arjunarishta is the bark of the “Arjuna” tree. It is an excellent heart tonic. It strengthens the muscles of the heart and corrects the functioning of the heart. In addition, it helps with heart disorders and increases lung capacity. Moreover, it is a blood vessel and is also useful in blood pressure and blood diarrhea.
Information about the component, properties, intake, and dosage of this medicine is given below.
Availability: It is available online and in stores.
Type of Medicine: Ayurvedic Infusion-Arishta
Main use: Heart disease
Key Qualities: Strengthening the heart
Components of Arjunarishta
- Arjuna Bark Partha (Arjuna) Terminalia arjuna St. Bk. 4.8 kg
- Draksha Mridvika (Draksha) Vitis vinifera Fr. 2.4 kg
- Mahua Madhupushpa (Madhuka) Madhuca indica Fl. 960 g
- Water Jala for decoction Water 49.152 liter reduced to 12.288 liter
- Dhatki Dhataki Woodfordia fruticosa Fl. 960 g
- Jaggery Guda Jaggery 4.8 kg
Method of preparation for Arjunarishta.
First prepare the decoction by mixing pieces of the bark of Arjuna, dry grapes, sweet flowers, and water. When the decoction is made, add the flowers and jaggery to it. Pour it into a smooth vessel with lentils. Sieve and use after one month.
Main ingredient Arjun
Arjuna’s bark, sore, cold, pain-relieving, phlegm, bile reducing medicine. It reduces fattening. It is very beneficial for the heart. Although, it is a painful, and potent drug. Moreover, Arjuna’s bark is used in heart disease, poisoning, blood disorders, Kapha-Pitta dosha, and much hunger and thirst.
Taste in taste, rough in quality, and small. It is cold by nature and bitter. It is very beneficial in Kapha-Pitta diseases.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Sore
- Pharmacological Action: Small, safe
- Potency: Cold
- Transformed state after digestion: Bitter
- Heart: Beneficial for heart
- Blood column: This stops bleeding due to injury or due to abnormal reason.
- Hemorrhagic: Corrective for bleeding disorders.
- Epilepsy: Beneficial in urinary disease/dysuria.
- Kaphahar: The substance that reduces Kapha.
- Pittahar: The substance which is the gallbladder.
- Inflammation: The fluid that removes inflammation in the body.
- Poisonous: The substance that removes the effect of poison.
- Sheetal: Columnar, cool, soothing, and removes thirst, fainting, sweating, etc.
- Effect: Tonic for the heart
This is cold semen. Semen means the power with which the fluid works. Acharyas consider it to be mainly of two types, hot or cold.
Consuming cold semen medicine makes the mind happy. They are alive. It is ejaculatory and cleanses blood and bile.
Dry grapes are called dried grapes. It is very nutritious, sweet, diuretic, blood enhancer, cooling, and phlegm loosening. They are mainly used in Ayurveda to relieve cough, asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, jaundice, thirst, body, cough, hoarseness, and general debility. Although, the dryness is considered good for the eyes and voice. They reduce air and bile in the body. These are cold in effect and are particularly beneficial in diseases of excess bile in the body such as burning of hands and feet, bleeding from the nose, etc. The grape has properties of constipation, agnosis, excessive thirst, abdominal pain, loss of blood, and also destroying blood.
Medicinal deeds of Arjunarishta medicine
- Analgesic: Analgesic Pain Relief
- Antiinflammatory: Reducing anti-inflammatory inflammation
- Anticonvulsants: Relieving Antispasmodic Involuntary Muscle Spasms
- Protecting the heart: Cardioprotective
- Bile: Balancing Pitta dosha
- Kaphahar: Balancing Kapha Dosha
- Hemp: Styptic
Benefits of Arjunarishta.
It’s always great to know arjunarishta benefits before taking. So below are some arjunarishta benefits:
- It is a tonic for the heart.
- This saves the heart.
- It strengthens the heart muscle.
- It regulates blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Also, it increases lung capacity.
- It cools the body.
Therapeutic Uses of Arjunarishta
- All heart and lung disorders
- Heart palpitations
- Loss of immunity
- Pulmonary disorders
- Heart weakness
- Excessive Sweating
- Mouth dryness
- Azoospermia Absence of dynamic sperm in semen
Arjunarishta intake method, quantity, and dosage
- It is Arishta of Ayurveda and the dosage is 12-24 ml.
- The drug should be mixed with an equal amount of water.
- Take it after breakfast in the morning and after dinner.
- Try to take it after 30 minutes of the meal, twice a day, morning and evening.
- Take this medicine for 3 months or longer.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Arjunarishta side effects / When not to use Cautions / Side effects / Contraindications
So arjunarishta side effects are very less if taken the stated quantity.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not take it in large quantities.
- There is no side effect of taking the stated quantity.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without asking a doctor.
Arjunarishta Price And Availability
This medicine can be purchased from ayurvedic stores or online.
Baidyanath Arjunarishta Price: 680 ml @ Rs. 164.00; 450 ml @ Rs. 120.00; 225 ml @ Rs.73.00
Dabur Arjunarishta, 450 ml @ Rs. 120.00
Zandu Arjunadyarishta Price: 450 ml @ Rs. 110.00
Patanjali Divya Pharmacy Arjunarishta 500 ml @ Rs. 80.00. And so on.