STRAWBERRY–THE NUTRITIONAL POWERHOUSE
In this article, we are going to tell you about the best benefits of strawberries.
The fruit is available everywhere in the world. In spring, there are many colors in nature. Colorful flowers make our minds colorful. Nature enhances the beauty or fitness of our minds with these colorful flowers. So in this article, we will discuss the benefits of strawberries.
For physical fitness, nature brings a very tasty and beautiful fruit — strawberry. Many people may be wondering why this strawberry has so many native fruits? This strawberry fruit is very popular and healthy fruit abroad because it is undoubtedly very good for our health. Moreover, it is used in many foods.
The country is now cultivating strawberries. So in spring, it is available in almost all parts of our country now. Many people may not know the quality of this fruit or the nutritional value of this fruit is. Here are some best benefits of strawberries:
Why are strawberries so good for our health?
Here are some benefits of strawberries:
1. A fruit rich in a variety of anti-oxidants:
As we age, the effects of harmful oxidants / free radicals and the lack of essential nutrients cause many diseases in the body and damage cells and DNA. Anti-oxidant is an ingredient that destroys these free radicals, protecting the body from oxidative damage.
However, this results in a lot of healthy phytonutrients, minerals, and vitamins, which are very useful for maintaining health.
2. Strawberries contain a chemical compound — phenol:
It has a phenol called Anthocyanin which makes it look gorgeous, beautiful red. It also contains many other antioxidants, such as ellagic acid, -benzoic acids, hydroxy-cinnamic acids, tannins, Stilbenes Flavonols, anthocyanins, terpenoids, phenolic acids, etc.
3. Studies have shown that this fruit is one of the best anti-oxidant foods in 50 foods and the fourth most nutritious fruit in the world.
4. It contains many essential nutrients, such as vitamin C or strong anti-oxidants, etc. Our bodies need a lot of vitamin C every day, which increases our immunity. However, vitamin C in strawberries is absorbed and works in the body very quickly.
One cup of strawberries is rich in vitamin C, which lowers blood pressure and boosts the body’s immune system. Vitamin C also helps prevent stress, inflammation, colds, harmful free radicals, infections, etc.
5. Strawberries have vitamins of B-complex group:
Strawberries have vitamins of B-6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, etc. B-complex group of vitamins. It contains B vitamin called folate, which helps prevent various cancers and birth defects, such as spina bifida.
6. It contains small amounts of vitamin A, vitamin E, and health-promoting ingredients: flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants, such as lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene.
Moreover, these compounds are oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS), Which works against old age and disease in the body.
7. Strawberries are high in manganese:
One cup of strawberries contains 21% manganese, which acts as a powerful antioxidant and anti-inﬂammatory ingredient. Manganese works against free radicals and oxidative stress to reduce cellular inﬂammation, which causes many cardiovascular diseases. Manganese is good for bones, helps in bone formation, helps in maintaining bone structure.
8. It is also good for potassium, vitamin K, and magnesium and bones. The mineral magnesium in strawberries produces energy in the body, strengthens bones and teeth, and keeps them healthy.
9. Other minerals, such as fluorine, copper, iron, and iodine, are needed to make copper-red blood cells. Fluoride prevents tooth and bone loss.
10. Its been good for the eyes:
They contain a lot of vitamin C, vitamin C is very good for our eyes, it strengthens the retina and cornea of the eye, protects against cataracts in old age. In old age, due to lack of nutrition and vitamins, various diseases of our eyes up of eyes. Degeneration of optical nerves, macular degeneration, vision defects, ocular pressure (the pressure of the eyes.), infections, etc. It’s one of the most important benefits of strawberry.
Vitamin-C, Flavonoids, Phenolic Phytochemicals, Ellagic Acid, Potassium — which are found in this result, helps to prevent these eye diseases.
11. It is a powerful anti-cancer fruit. This is because it contains a phytochemical / phytonutrient called ellagic acid, which suppresses cancer cells. It also contains anti-oxidants — vitamin C, folate, lutein and zeathancins, flavonoids — quercetin, and kaempferol.
These are free-radicals, which destroy our cells and help fight cancer. Anti-oxidant and anti-inﬂammatory ingredients work against cancer to stay in this result.
In addition, flavonoids, such as anthocyanins, quercetin, and kaempferol and antioxidants, which prevent colon cancer cells, prostate, lung, tongue, mouth, mammary, esophageal, and breast cancer cells.
As cancer is caused by constant inflammation and oxidative stress, this helps to prevent cancer due to the presence of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
12. Strawberries reduce harmful cholesterol and keep the heart-healthy:
Its ellagic acid and flavonoids — phytochemicals/antioxidants lower the low-density lipoprotein in the blood, or LDL — reduce bad cholesterol, which causes plaque in the arteries.
Moreover, these antioxidants are anti-inflammatory, which is good for the heart. Strawberries — Cholesterol, oxidative damage to cells, lowers blood lipids, which prevent heart disease and diabetes. Folate B-vitamin is one of them, which prevents coronary disease. Vitamin C helps prevent heart disease Antioxidants help keep our cardiovascular system healthy.
13. The strawberries control blood sugar. Strawberry polyphenols control blood sugar, so those who follow a healthy lifestyle and have diabetes can eat this fruit regularly.
14. Reduce inflammation:
In addition to various phytonutrients, it has many anti-inflammatory ingredients. Its anti-inflammatory properties, such as C-reactive protein (CRP), are greatly improved if you eat one cup of this fruit a few days a week.
15. Strawberry reduces joint inflammation:
Its antioxidants and phytochemicals reduce joint inflammation, which prevents joint diseases like arthritis. Arthritis and gout: which erode muscle and tissue, dry out joint fluid and accumulate waste products, such as acids (such as uric acid).
These diseases are usually caused by free radicals in the body. Strawberry’s anti-oxidants and detoxifiers. With the help of ingredients, all these wastes are removed from the body.
16. Many of its phenols work against inﬂammatory disorders, such as osteoarthritis, gout, asthma, and atherosclerosis, because it prevents the secretion of the enzyme– cyclooxygenase (COX), as the drugs aspirin and ibuprofen do. There are many side effects that strawberries do not have.
17. Strawberries control blood pressure:
Potassium and magnesium are the main nutrients for lowering blood pressure, which is abundant in this result. In addition, potassium helps the muscles and nerves to function properly and maintains healthy electrolyte levels and heart rate in the body.
18. It increases brain and nerve function:
As we age, our brain and nerves lose their ability to function. These organs are good for their vitamin-C and phytochemicals. In addition, it contains a lot of iodine, which keeps the brain and nerves healthy.
19. They are high in fiber-rich fruits. Our body needs fiber-rich foods every day so that the food is properly digested. Otherwise, constipation and small bowel inflammation can occur. Fiber also prevents type-2 diabetes. In addition, fiber controls blood sugar or glucose. So diabetics can eat this fruit in moderation.
20. Helps in weight control:
The only tool to keep the body healthy is to control the weight. Otherwise, due to diabetes, heart disease, the body’s calluses will be destroyed. Moreover, this fruit has very few calories, no fat, very little sugar, and salt. So healthy. You can eat it as a snack.
21. Reduces intestinal inflammation: It contains anti-inflammatory ingredient digestion-aiding enzymes called salicylic acid, this fruit helps reduce intestinal inflammation and increases digestive energy.
22. It enhances the beauty of the skin. Its vitamin C helps in the production of collagen, which increases the skin’s elasticity so that the skin does not age easily.
These all are the benefits of strawberries.
One serving of strawberries: 8 large or one cup of strawberries.
Some more information about strawberries:
1. Its ORAC value (oxygen radical absorbance capacity, which measures anti-oxidant strength) is — 3577 µmol TE per 100 grams.
2. According to the California Strawberry Commission, one cup of strawberries contains 160% of the daily requirement of vitamin C and more vitamin C than oranges.
3. One cup of strawberries contains 46 calories, 13% of the daily requirement of fiber, or 3 grams of fiber. Find out how many calories in food, by measuring the calories in the food.
4. This fruit is said to be the best friend of the heart among all fruits.
How can you eat strawberries?
1. With salads, fruit salads, or fruit licks.
2. Mix with sour yogurt.
3. Make a smoothie by blending it with sour yogurt, or by making a smoothie with another fruit.
4. With dark chocolate, or with dark chocolate syrup.
5. Breakfast with Quaker oats Learn why you eat breakfast?
6. Making a milkshake with low-fat milk with various desserts, such as custard, cakes, etc.
7. Or you can just eat it as a snack. But eating raw fruit is the healthiest because it maintains the nutritional value of the fruit.
Strawberries are a fast-digesting fruit and lose their nutrients quickly, so it is best not to refrigerate them for more than two days. Follow these benefits of strawberry to get the best health.
So you understand, if you eat 8 or one cups of strawberries daily, you will be free from heart, diabetes, various types of inflammation, cancer, etc., as well as skin, eyes, brain, etc. will be good. So don’t forget to include this fruit in your healthy lifestyle this season.
- Why eat Apple? Know these 19 benefits of eating an apple every day.
- 15 Health Benefits of Eating Salad Everyday. You Should Know.
- 17 Impressive Health Benefits of Sour Curd.