WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE SALAD EVERYDAY?
We all know that salad is a common food. It can also be said that the food that we pay the lowest price is this salad. Although we know how healthy this salad is. On the other hand, the opposite is true in foreign countries. They will always have a salad on their daily menu. They eat a salad before they eat it. What they also believe is: “A salad a day, keeps the doctor away”. We will know the health benefits of eating salad every day.
Nutritionists say that there must be some raw food in our daily food menu. This raw food can be a salad. So putting salad in the daily food menu is the most healthy way to eat.
Health benefits of eating salad greens every day:
1. Regular consumption of salad helps in weight loss and control:
Eating salad at the beginning or with other foods makes one want to eat less, resulting in less eating and weight loss.
2. There is a lot of fiber in salads:
This is the fiber we need to digest food. So eating a salad does not cause constipation and lowers cholesterol. Fiber prevents heart disease and cancer.
3. Salads contain vegetables and fruits:
Salads contain vegetables and fruits a wide variety of vegetables and fruits, so there are many vitamins and minerals that meet our daily vitamin needs.
4. Salads are low in calories and feel full:
Salads are low in calories, so eating more salads is not a problem, but eating less of other high-calorie foods helps in weight loss or control. However, salads are high in fiber and make the stomach feel full and other unhealthy.
5. Salad is an alternative to fruits and vegetables:
Nutritionists say that every meal should include fruits or vegetables. So this salad meets the needs of fruits and vegetables, that is, the need for vitamins. From it, we get vitamins and minerals — A, C, B6, E, K, carotene, calcium, folate (folic acid), zinc, iron, magnesium, fiber, phytonutrients.
6. Salad helps in digestion of food:
The enzyme in the salad helps in the proper digestion of food.
7. Salads are rich in antioxidants:
Because it is rich in antioxidants from salads, we get vitamin C, E, lycopene, folic acid, and alpha and beta-carotene. Because raw or green salads contain these nutrients, our body gets a lot of antioxidants. So the body is not damaged by free radicals and the body’s resistance to disease increases.
8. The above-mentioned nutrients in salads prevent and control various diseases. Such as Pressure, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Alzheimer’s, etc.
9. Eating salad can stave off cancer:
Studies have shown that eating lots of raw vegetables and fruits every day protects our body from cancer by eating nutrients. Can be kept away. So why not take it. Try to have it.
10. Good fats are found in salads:
If almonds and olive oil are added to salads, good fats such as monounsaturated fats and omega-3s can be found in salads. As a result, the body can absorb very good protective phytochemicals (such as lycopene, alpha, and beta carotene from tomatoes) from salads.
11. Lettuce in salads eliminates the problem of acid:
When using lettuce leaves in salads, it only keeps the body acid, because it is alkalizing.
12. Moreover, salads can be found anywhere, at parties, in restaurants. Salads can be made very easily and quickly.
13. The salad is delicious to eat, it tastes cold and crispy.
14. It is an interesting food because of the variety of vegetables and leaves used in it.
15. Salad enhances the beauty of the skin or keeps the skin clean, increases blood circulation, reduces cholesterol, strengthens bones, brightens eyes, increases muscle strength.
So these all are the health benefits of eating salad every day.
Some tips for eating and making salads:
1. It is best to eat raw or green salad because it prevents cancer.
2. You can make salads with the vegetables, fruits, and herbs you have at hand. Tuna salad with fruit can be healthy food or snack.
3. Always try to include green leafy vegetables in salads, such as lettuce, as these greens contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, folate, phytonutrients, fiber, etc. We know that calcium strengthens bones and teeth, and phytonutrients are anti-cancer. Folate eliminates heart problems and keeps the heart healthy, fiber eliminates digestive problems and lowers cholesterol.
4. One of the tips to eat less at the party is: eat a lot of salad in the beginning. Then you will not want to eat other gurupak food.
5. If you want to lose weight, eat the salad first and then other foods, then you will eat less other high-calorie foods, so you will lose weight.
6. There is no problem in eating more salad than other foods (such as rice, bread, meat, etc.) Because half of our plate of vegetables will be vegetables and salads.
7. However, using fat-free and low-calorie salad dressings will reduce the calories and the benefits of eating salad.
8. You can use olive oil, mustard oil, mustard powder or paste, sour yogurt, fat-free and low-calorie salad dressing or mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, etc. as a salad dressing.
9. If there is any problem in any vegetable like tomato, cucumber, etc., any other vegetable can be added to it.
10. You can add any vegetables and fruit in the salad. Like a carrot, papaya, beans, capsicum, potato, sweet potato, any fruit, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be made as desired. Even cooked, fish, meat, rice noodles, bread. Moreover, salad can also be made with sour yogurt. So in that case, it will be a low calorie and healthy, complete meal.
11. Salads should always be made with fresh vegetables or fruits.
12. Salad fruits and vegetables should be washed with cold water and then chopped.
13. All salad tools (such as knives, pots, cutting boards, etc.) should be thoroughly washed before cutting the salad.
14. People who get gas when they eat salad should eat salad as advised by their doctor or nutritionist. For example, if there is gas in cucumber, you can skip cucumber.
How much salad to eat at once?
i. You can eat a maximum of two cups or 75 grams of salad (green or raw vegetable salad) at a time.
ii. If you use rice, bread, fish, meat in salads, you have to calculate it differently.
iii. Remember — half of the plate will be salad and vegetables. The rest is 1/3 sugar, 1/3 meat. This is a simple calculation.
You should know these health benefits for eating salad every day. So put salad on your daily menu And keep your body healthy and disease-free.
- 34 health benefits of eating only 2 cloves of garlic per day.
- Why eat Apple? Know these 19 benefits of eating an apple every day.
- 17 Impressive Health Benefits of Sour Curd.